Question

Resource Exhaustion on a Dell Latitude E6500

By XnavyDK ·
I was getting this error, every morning, I dont shut the computer off.

Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: svchost.exe (336) consumed 158765056 bytes, OUTLOOK.EXE (2564) consumed 69824512 bytes, and MsMpEng.exe (912) consumed 68435968 bytes.

What i have done. Ran Memory Diags, no errors, ran dell diagnostics, no errors Reseated Ram no fix, reloaded OS (win7pro) and still get this error. I even chaged the size of the page file to 13gig... I think its a lemon...

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

The problem here is to do with the Page File

by OH Smeg In reply to Resource Exhaustion on a ...

I would suggest rebooting the system to reset this as obviously 7 is not releasing what it no longer needs.

Problems like this are very hard to solve as they are specific to just that Hardware & Software combination so you'll need to look very closely at your Hardware and Drivers as well as any installed Software and even then you may not get a real solution.

Col

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by XnavyDK In reply to The problem here is to do ...

After I clean installed the OS it didnt do it for a while, at that point i should have made an image ( of course I didn't). Installed all updated drivers. installed office and firefox, and mouse w/o borders. thats all. and it started happening about a week after that. I just don't get it... So today, after posting this I uninstalled M w/o borders and I'm going t leave it on with nothing running except background.

Thanks Col

Collapse -

Hmm with nothing running and uninstalled MOWB

by XnavyDK In reply to Resource Exhaustion on a ...

No virtual memory problem this morning. I will leave firefox and outlook on tonight and see what happens.

Back to Hardware Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)