General discussion

RIS for Dell Optiplex GX620

By george.jenkins ·
I am trying to RIS my new Dell GX620 computers using Windows XP 64-bit. I've successfully got the network card to work through the RIS install but the drivers for the SATA & IDE controllers abort the installation. The initial error I got was with the nvatax64.sys. I resolved this by DL'ing the NVidia chipset driver. After that, now I get a a320raid.sys error. I've tried finding a new a320raid.sys file but can't find one.

I even went so far as to take out a OEM-prepped hard drive and extract the sysprep & driver folders, hoping an .INF in there would fix this.

Has anyone successfully RIS'd or RIPREP'd the OptiPlex GX620?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to RIS for Dell Optiplex GX6 ...

I know there is an issue with Windows 2003 and the Dell's http://support.microsoft.com/?id=898792

I'd call Dell and see if they have a known issue revolving around the same issue. Microsoft might also be another source to see if it is related to the currently known 2003 issue.

Collapse -

by sleeplesman In reply to RIS for Dell Optiplex GX6 ...

once you have an os installed you need to reinstall the chipset drivers first on all dell's before loading the sound,video,nic,modem etc. if the chipset is not installed first all the others will not work just right or not at all.

Collapse -

Combinied Mode

by remus In reply to RIS for Dell Optiplex GX6 ...

Go to Bios and set your Sata HD in Combinied Mode.

Greez
Baba

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)