Question

• Creator
    Topic

RTX 3060: monitor not recognized (new build, no OS installed)

by mkdem ·

Hi!

I just completed a new pc build (my first) but it seems my monitor is not recognized by the GPU…

Everything seems fine (CPU, RAM, power supply) and the GPU has power (it is lit) and is recognized by the motherboard because the debug led on it isn’t lit.
    There is still no OS on the machine and I could neither install Windows, update the BIOS nor the drivers of my GPU because if the pc seems to run fine, when I connect a monitor via the HDMI of my GPU, the monitor says “No signal”. And I cannot do anything in the BIOS without a screen… (and my CPU has no integrated graphics).
    The monitor works just fine with another pc, and the HDMI cable is also fine. I checked an re-checked that the GPU is in its slot.

So either I did something wrong, or maybe the GPU cannot connect to a monitor via HDMI without having updated drivers ? I’m lost so if someone has an idea of what’s going on, I’ll glad to hear the solution.

Here are the parts of my PC:
    GPU: Msi Geforce RTX 3060 Gaming X
    Motherboard: Msi Mag X570S Tomawhawk max wifi
    CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
    RAM: 2x16Go Crucial Max DDR4-4400 CL19
    Monitor; Samsung LE22B450C8W (a tv)
    (And the others: Corsair RM850X, 1 HDD & 1 SD M.2)

You are posting a reply to: RTX 3060: monitor not recognized (new build, no OS installed)

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our Community FAQs for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.

All Answers

Viewing 1 reply thread