General discussion

runtime error 429

By AnswerMan ·
On reboot I am getting a VB Critical box. The title bar has the word "realtime" in it. The error says "Runtime error 429, ActiveX cannot create object".. I believe this is the cause of some other programs that just stopped working. I have run every spyware, adware, virus program, cleaners, etc. I also run livetime SpySweeper to keep out things.

When you google this error, you get a billion websites that all profess it is a corrupt .DLL file. However I don't have any of those associated softwares thht they list.

I tried "detect & repair" in my MS Office 2000 premium, to no avail. I run W98SE on a P3/800 with 640 Ram .....

Please help

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by ctrservices In reply to runtime error 429

Create another Admin account for yourself and see if you get the same problem. If not, copy all the settings from the old user account to the new one and delete the old account.

If the above doesn't work, you may need to reinstall Office 2000. However, for it to reinstall properly, you will need to remove the program completely. Save all needed Office files to another folder, uninstall from Add Remove Programs, delete any Office directories left in C and C:\Program files after the uninstall, plus delete anything "office" in the Registry, reboot and reinstall the app.

If all works well, move the above saved data back to the Office directory where you originally got it.

Collapse -

by AnswerMan In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by saihib In reply to runtime error 429

Download and install MDAC 2.8
Reinstall or update DirectX

Collapse -

Download and install MDAC 2.8
Reinstall or update DirectX
Go to Start/Run and type in dxdiag, hit enter and run the tests.

Collapse -

by AnswerMan In reply to

DL'd the MDAC 2.8.. installed it... ran dxdiag all tests... nothing wrong... on reboot same thing... that box still there. And I think it is causing some other problems now. Isn't there a way to fix the corrupted .DLL so that it sees it?

Collapse -

Download and install Windows Script 5.6

Collapse -

by AnswerMan In reply to

What is Windows Script 5.6... ?? Are you sure about that or are you guessing .... ?? What does this script do??

Collapse -

by AnswerMan In reply to

It appears that Windows Script 5.6 is only for Windows 2000 and XP... at least according to Microsoft Web site.... please don't guess at things.... unless you know for sure or have tried it, don't bother just telling me to download something... thank you

Collapse -

You're wrong dude. All my research tells me that you're getting that error because your script engine isn't installed. In your case it probably is installed but somehow got corrupted. After your response to my attempt to help you I don't even think you deserve what I'm about to do. There is a version of Windows Script 5.6 for Win98SE. You can get it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0A8A18F6-249C-4A72-BFCF-FC6AF26DC390&displaylang=en
If you ever post another question here you can be sure I won't respond, especially if I know the answer.

Collapse -

by AnswerMan In reply to

Sorry to sound so abrupt. But there was no explanation with your answer, and I thought maybe you were like my tech help people here that say "oh try this" or "oh try that".... no offense intended and certainly not implied....

Thanks again for your help.

Back to Windows Forum
11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next