General discussion

Samsung Office Serv 7200 SIP phone configuration

By justzikle ·
Hi, I have a Samsung OfficeServ 7200 PBX with some IP phones.....I recently purchase a Planet Technology SIP phone(hard phone) and wants to use this phone with samsung PBX...Can somebody help in configuring SIP phone with Samsung OfficeServ 7200?? If somebody could send configuration snapshots or sample configuration at samsung PBX for SIP phone..I will be thankful if somebody help.
Thanks

teem69@msn.com

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

A License is required unfortunately

by neogothtexas In reply to Samsung Office Serv 7200 ...

I hate to tell you but unless your company has purchased a SIP stack license that allows third party SIP phones, the OfficeServ will NOT allow any SIP phone other than a Samsung Proprietary SIP phone to register to the system, and last I heard, for 3rd party endpoints, the license was around $200 USD per phone. It's Samsungs nice little way of making you purchase THEIR hardware so you get locked in to using THEM instead. Ridiculous, I know, but that's just the way they roll I guess. I took the OS 7200/7400 Certification course not too long ago, and although I kept it to myself, was quite disgusted to hear this come out of the instructors mouth.

Back to Software Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)