General discussion

Sanyo CRD-BP1400P CDRW problem

By PaulGKing ·
I am having difficulty writing to CDRWs on my Sanyo CRD-BP1400P drive. Burning CDs are fine and it was fine using Win9x, using IncD and DirectCD. Now whenever I try to format a CDRW in the drive, it comes up with a hardware error about 30% of the way through. I have tried updating the firmware of the drive, updated Nero and Roxio products to the latest and they indicate that the drive is supported in several previous versions. I am currently running WinXP Home (SP1) and have updated as required. The Sanyo is a secondary master on my secondary IDE channel along with a Toshiba CD-ROM drive. The PC I bought from Evesham Micro with an Asus motherboard. Does anyone have any ideas? Much appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to Sanyo CRD-BP1400P CDRW pr ...

What version of Roxio?

You need version 5 or newer for use with XP.

Also, Nero and Roxio do not coexist well on most systems.

Have you tried the utilities from Nero's site to help with switching between the 2 different software packages?Chas

Collapse -

by PaulGKing In reply to Sanyo CRD-BP1400P CDRW pr ...

I dont have them both co-existing, I just tried one then uninstalled it and tried the other. Have tried the most up-to-date version of Roxio and Nero. Have heard a suggestion that switching DMA off or turning off autorun. Might try CloneCd as an alternative.

Collapse -

by PaulGKing In reply to Sanyo CRD-BP1400P CDRW pr ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Hardware Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)