Satellite M35X-S109 will not boot on battery power.

By h58pcguy ·
Hello all, I have a Toshiba Satellite M35X-S109 that will power up just fine on AC power, but will not boot or run on Battery power. When plugged in, the power management reports battery is charging fine and holds 99% charge. If I unplug the ac power the laptop continues to run for about 5-10 seconds and then tries restarting, but cannot boot. All fans spin up, hdd spins up, and cd rom spins up. Sometimes the first restart attempt will display the Toshiba splash screen, but then goes to black screen with backlight lit up. I suspect a faulty battery, but owner does not want to spend money for a battery to test it. I was hoping you all may have some suggestions on how to test without replacing. Laptop has: XP home, Celeron M1.4 GHz, 512MB PC2700s, DVD/CD-RW. When I first got the laptop to look at, it would restart every 5 minutes. I did a clean install of XP and no change. I flashed bios to version 1.9 and the problem was fixed. However, the problem of not booting or running very long on battery power still exists. If I have forgotten anything, I am sorry, but ask and I will respond. Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Storage Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)