General discussion

Save Task Order - Outlook-Exchange 2003

By Greybeard770 ·
The problem is that a user cannot add a new Task. The error message is "Please save the task order by clicking Save Task Order on the Actions menu in the Task folder. The view must not be filtered or grouped for Save Task Order to be available." There are no filters and no task groups and that solutions does not work. I have seen some mention of Getting Things Done but that is nor part of the installation. http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-11184-0.html?forumID=35&threadID=13085 gives a great solution for Outlook 98 and Exchange 2000 but the old Exchange client exchng32.exe doesnt seem to be an option anymore. How can I delete the Tasks folder in the new and improved environment. It seems that the command "Outlook.exe /resetfolders" will still rebuild the Tasks folder if I can get it deleted.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Save Task Order - Outlook-Exchange 2003 Same problem

by BuckRogers In reply to Save Task Order - Outlook ...

I have started experiencing the same problem, my Action - Save Task Order is greyed out. I am also using a BES 4.1 server not sure if you are too. Can't save tasks at all receive the above error message. I am on a laptop and have Outlook 2003 in cache mode. I will post back if I find a solution.

Collapse -

How I fixed my Save Task Order problem

by BuckRogers In reply to Save Task Order - Outlook ...

I went to Simple View and Detailed View and did the following to both. Click View - Arrange by - Custom; verify Filter is Off (I had created a filter so I wouldn't see completed items a long time back) Then I clicked the Other Settings button and unchecked Allow in cell editing. I then Clicked OK out of that window. Went to each view and was able to click Action - Save Task Order for both. I then was able to create and save a new Task.

Collapse -

FIX !

by TBurk In reply to Save Task Order - Outlook ...

I had the same problem.
I ran the following switches at a cmd prompt:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10
\outlook /CleanFreeBusy
\outlook /CleanReminders
\outlook /ResetFolders

All of which seemed to do their thing, but did not fix this problem. So, after further digging, I decided to try and open up an existing task and save it. It popped up with the following dialog box:

"To Save Task Order, click "Save Task Order" in Actions Menu in Tasks Folder. Do not use filter or grouping."

So, having the tasks open, I went up to the Actions Menu, selected "Save Task Order" and it popped up twice with a dialog box basically stating that I couldn't use this particular template, using default Outlook template instead. I clicked OK on both of these and the Tasks started working!

Hope this works for you.

Collapse -

This is what worked for me.

by Virtual Tech In reply to Save Task Order - Outlook ...

I had the same problem at my work. This is what I did to solve it: http://www.virtualtechsupport.ca/index.php/2010/04/13/outlook-2003-error-please-save-the-task-order/

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)