Question

SBS 2003 as Server 2003 STD

By Chris72a ·
Hi All,

We are looking at purchasing some servers that come with SBS2003, while we don't want sbs2003 only server 2003 std. What I'm wondering is if we can use the license and discs etc to install server 2003 std but not do the sbs install, I know at the end of the first stage when it asks to install sbs components, you can cancel the installation at that point, but I'm trying to find out if this will leave us with a standard install of server 2003.

Cheers and Thanks for any Info.

Chris.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

nope

by CG IT In reply to SBS 2003 as Server 2003 S ...

It's SBS even if you don't install any of the additional componets. You don't have to install any of the components but then what's the point? The cost difference is negligable.

Also, you have to use SBS CALs if you go over the built in 5 CAL limit even if you don't use any of the SBS components.

If you don't want SBS, don't buy [or ha ha "borrow"] SBS.

Collapse -

I have Similar situation

by anas.mroueh In reply to nope

I already have 2003 server as a domain controller and has all applications on it. I need to add a new server with 2003 SBS to the domain and be able to establish a DB_Link to database on the existing server.
My organization already received the licenses for SBS and I cannot do anything about it except to find a way to use it.

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)