General discussion

SBS 2003 Companyweb Access

By EdLockett ·
Trying to access the companyweb from client machines in the domain. If logged in as memebr of the domain admins group, access is granted. Otherwise the user is prompted for credentials. Can access site from any computer using credentials for account in domain admins group, all other accounts are denied access. The settings are all default. Integrated windows authentication is enabled. File permissions appear to allow read access to authenticated users. Have applied hotfix 832880.

On the other hand Outlook Web Access works perfectly both internally and externally.

There is one setting which I am not sure about. In IIS each directory in every web site is configured to restrict access to connections only from the server's IP address. However this does not appear to be consistent with what is being experienced - the site can be accessed from any client IP as long as admin credentials are used.

Any input on this issue will be highly appreciated. Thanks..

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to SBS 2003 Companyweb Acces ...

What rights are set for logon locally and access this computer from the network?

Collapse -

by EdLockett In reply to

Thanks for your help.

Collapse -

by EdLockett In reply to SBS 2003 Companyweb Acces ...

In the default domain controllers policy the default settings are set :
Access this computer from network : includes Everyone and Authenticated Users
Log on locally : Print Operators, Server Operators, Account Operators, Backup Operators, Administrators, IUSR_DELL-blahblah.

Surely I don't need to assign the log on locally permission to my users? I DON'T want the users to be able to log onto the DC interactively!

Collapse -

by p.j.hutchison In reply to SBS 2003 Companyweb Acces ...

You need Basic Authentication enabled for non-domain users to access the web site!

Collapse -

by EdLockett In reply to

I do not want users from outside my domain to be able to access my companyweb.

Collapse -

Found the solution as follows :-
The access is controlled by using the 'site settings' option found on the top navigation bar within the web site itself. To modify the access control lists, log on to the companyweb as an administrator and click on site settings, followed by manage users.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)