Question

SBS 2003 Exchange to Exchange 2003 Problem

By jonathan ·
Hi All,

Im having a strange issue i cant seem to find a solution to anywhere or no evidence that it has ever happened before :)

Basically im we have a server with SBS 2003 and Exchange running on it. Im trying to migrate the Exchange to a new server thats running Windows Server 2003 R2.

So im going to keep the SBS 2003 server as the Domain Controller and just run Exchange on a seperate box.

But the problem is im trying to replicate the Public Folders across to the new Exchange server, It was working fine and all the folders started replicating, then they just stopped or its running incredibly slowly.

I turn on Medium Diagnostic Loggings on both servers and noticed the Replication errors below coming from the MSExchangeIS Public Store.

You will notice that its return an Error code of: Error 0x4ec

Now i look this up on google and the only reference i can find is that it is a Windows System Error Code:

ERROR_ACCESS_DISABLED_BY_POLICY
"This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator."

Has anyone seen this Exchange error before and know of a way to correct this problem so the Replication can continue.?

I have included the Application Event log errors below.

Thanks in Advance.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store
Event Category: Replication Errors
Event I 3079
Date: 11/06/2008
Time: 16:28:01
User: N/A
Computer: EXCHANGE
Description:
Unexpected replication thread error 0x4ec on database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (EXCHANGE)".

EcReplFolderMessagesUnpack
EcReplMessageUnpack
FReplRcvAgent

For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store
Event Category: Replication Errors
Event I 3089
Date: 11/06/2008
Time: 16:28:01
User: N/A
Computer: EXCHANGE
Description:
Error 0x4ec occurred while processing an incoming replication message on Public Folder Store "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (EXCHANGE)".

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Back to Networks Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums