Question

SBS 2003 native backup

By pkar ·
Hi,

I've been doing google'in now for some time to get some good advise/recommendations about SBS 2003 backup, however I always prefer to hear from people who actually did/doing stuff I'm looking for. Hands-on experience is better than a book :)

Here are the questions:
1. Is the native SBS 2003 backup enough or should I go for something else (ie Veritas or Yosemite)?
Primarily I need to backup files and Exchange data, plus I'd like to have disaster recovery option for my SBS box.
2. What external hard drive backup devices/options would you recommend? I need approx. 250-300GB

Thanks in advance
Peter

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

SBS 2003 Feedback

by pcman223 In reply to SBS 2003 native backup

I manage an SBS 2003 box as well and I am using the native backup with two 360 GB external drives. They can handle two days worth of backups per drive at a time and the office staff swap them out once a week. Its not the best situation but it is all they can afford. I am about to get my first hand experience with the restores because they let the C: drive fill up and stay that way for nine days and now there is OS corruption. I will see how the system state and or full restores work here in the next week or two. Please email me and I will let you know where this goes for us.

Collapse -

Problems swapping drives?

by daveyh In reply to SBS 2003 Feedback

We just implemented a similar scheme but SBS complains when we swap the drives as it apparently is trying to update the previous backup throughout the day.

Collapse -

about SBS 2003 backup

by Adamooo In reply to SBS 2003 native backup

i have been backing up server 2003 with easus todo backup server, it offers sql and exchange backup, quite reliable and easy to use.
http://www.todo-backup.com/business/advanced-server-backup.htm

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)