General discussion

SBS 2003 + Terminal Server

By phil.kesteven ·
Hi,

Testing out a copy of SBS 2003 (thanks MS) at the moment. All is working well, Webmail etc. Coming along to playing with Terminal Server access to allow remote sales staff to run in-house programs. Got a few problems.....

-Got a few users that I've asked to test the system. I can only get two people on at the moment. Is this a restriction with the Eval copy?

-The users have to be (for some reason) domain admins to gain access to the Remote Webspace. What am I doing wrong?

-If we've only got one SBS 2003 Server, is it wise to use that machine for all Domain Control, Mail, webmail and Terminal Server facilities?? Only asking because we want to move away from Novell F+P sharing, Sendmail E-Mail. We've got a nice server just waiting to be used.

E-Mail if you need any info on the above

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by nsolop In reply to SBS 2003 + Terminal Serve ...

Hi,

By default if you installed Terminal Services in remote administration mode you can only have two users connected through terminal services at the same time.
I you require more users you will have to install terminal services in application mode and purchase the required licenses.

Hope this can help!.

Regards from Argentina.

Nicolas.

PS: Sorry about my English!.

Collapse -

by phil.kesteven In reply to
Collapse -

by willcomp In reply to SBS 2003 + Terminal Serve ...

Can provide part of info you requested. MS strongly recommends installing terminal services on a separate server and not on DC. For further edification see links below.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/5/2/75219da3-8c11-496c-978f-e6892762e874/ADS_TermServ.doc#_Toc80682886

Although for 2000 server, is still applicable to 2003 terminal services.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/help/

Dalton

Collapse -

by phil.kesteven In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by phil.kesteven In reply to SBS 2003 + Terminal Serve ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)