Question

SBS 2003 Setup Options

By kevin ·
Hi All, thanks for reading. I have already gleaned most of the information I was looking for from some other related posts, I'm mostly looking for reinforcement that my plan as outlined below, is correct.

First, I am installing SBS2003 (Actually, reinstalling it because I originally set it to not act as DHCP server in the Continue Setup section) on a small office network with a Dynamic IP DSL Connection that currently looks like:

ISP-->DLink DSL3000 ADSL Modem-->DLink DI-6244Port/Wireless Router-->DLinkDSS-16+ Switch.

There are 2 work stations (1 Vista, 1 XPP) tied to the Router via Ethernet and 2 Laptops (1 Vista, 1 XPP) via wireless.

My plan was to setup everythig behind the Router with SBS for DHCP.

If I understand correctly, this is doable so long as I have the DHCP of the router turned OFF, and statically assign the server it's IP address, with all other workstations default Gateway set tot he routers IP?

From there, I should be able to setup the computers in Active Directory and connect them to the domain as appropriate?

Sorry if this sounds ridiculous, I've only ever seen this done personally with a wireless AP attached behind a switch.

I appreciate any suggestions and will continue scouring other posts.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)