Question

SBS 2008 Move User Redirected files to replicated domain DFS namespace

By ryan ·
Hello, I have a network with SBS 2008 Premium. We have the second server at the other end of a VPN tunnel at another office from the SBS machine. SBS is great about being able to move the Users Redirected files around. I successfully set up a domain based replicated share between the two servers. I'd like to move the users redirected folders to that DFS namespace.

The SBS management console doesn't seem to allow for this. Would it be recommended to manually change the paths in the folder redirection GPOs, or would this break the SBS management console? Any advice would be great.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

I'm not sure that what you are asking is possible on a SBS unit

by OH Smeg In reply to SBS 2008 Move User Redire ...

This is because they are designed to be for Small Business and do not accept another Server on the network that they control.

Col

Collapse -

SBS Forest?

by Toolman5774 In reply to I'm not sure that what yo ...

I thought SBS allows other Servers in the Forest, just not another Domain Controller?

Anyways, repointing via GPO should do the trick, given that replication is successfully completed. I would certainly test on a dummy user/ directory first! And a tip, create the user/ dummy folder BEFORE changing the test GPO, that way you're truly replicating the scendario.

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)