Question

SBS Exchange Server 2003

By kplath ·
I have had SBS 2003 up and running for about a year but am just getting around to setting up the Exchange Server component. And I?ve come to a standstill on what seems to be a pretty basic task: How do I configure Exchange so my clients? outgoing mail (SMTP) passes through Exchange on to my ISP?s mail server? (Outgoing mail through my ISP [SBC] requires authentication.) Retrieving POP3 mail from my external mail server has not been a problem.

I can?t even find a place to enter my ISP?s mail server name or authentication information. Any help will be greatly appreciated. As it stands right now, whenever an Outlook client tries to send mail through its Exchange account, an undeliverable message is returned: ?The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to...? (5.1.1)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

run the wizard

by CG IT In reply to SBS Exchange Server 2003

log on to the SBS box as an administrator.

the server management screen will open, in the left pane at the top is the "things to do list"

run the connect to the internet wizard. during setup, the wizard will prompt you what mail service to use, domain name blah blah.

Collapse -

Thank you ...

by kplath In reply to run the wizard

... for the prompt reply. Actually, I had tried the wizard already but internet messages were all bouncing back. I thought perhaps I was missing something and there was another area where I needed to set this up. As it turns out, the problem was that my ISP as a matter of course blocks Port 25 for all subscribers. When they opened that port for me, everything worked fine.
Thanks again,
Karl

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums