General discussion

SCSI drive in Win2000 Server

By tommy.beam ·
I had a win2000 server burn up a mother board and processor. My boss says scrap the server, but save all the info from the drives. My problem is:
There is 2 drives 1IDE and 1 SCSI. I have saved all the info from the IDE but I don't have a system I can place the SCSI drive in. I tried removing the SCSI card from the old system and placing it in a working system, but I can't get it to recognize the drive. I have very limited experience with SCSI so this may be a simple fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to SCSI drive in Win2000 Ser ...

You will need a SCSI driver for the board for it to be recognized.

Chances are the SCSI card might be toast is a pretty good bet also.

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to SCSI drive in Win2000 Ser ...

If it's not a Hot Swap SCSI you can always get a USB to SCSI Caddy and use that to save the data. They used to be freely available but I haven't seen one for some time but then again I haven't gone looking either.

I would guess that if you have installed the driver for the SCSI Card in the working computer and you are not getting a recognised SCSI HDD then the Card is toast as well and SCSI Cards are not cheap things to replace as will as the fact that you'll be needing the correct SCSI Type Card as well to suit your HDD which should be SCSI Ultra Wide and have a 68 Pin D connector that plugs into the drive as a Data lead. Currently Adaptec has a base version of one of these for about $280.00 US. If you are interested try the following URL

http://tinyurl.com/g2m3y

Col

Back to Hardware Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)