General discussion


SCSI replace or work around

By jimmywren ·
I still use a HP ScanJet 3c scanner with a SCSI connect to the computer. I have changed motherboards several times over the years and I always made sure to get a MB with at lest 1 one SCSI expansion slot. This time I forgot and bought a MB with PCI slots only. Is there a PCI card the can replace the SCSI card? If not does anyone have any suggestions on how to work around?



This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by ibmer99 In reply to SCSI replace or work arou ...

Adaptec USBXchange is a device to go from usb to scsi to hook up your scanner. good luck.

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to SCSI replace or work arou ...

Yes, you can get PCI SCSI cards from a number of vendors.

Adaptec would be my first choice.

Just make sure that the card supports the correct SCSI version for your scanner. (SCSI 2?)

From the HP specification page:
it looks like you need to make sure a SCSI card that supports ASPI integration.


Related Discussions

Related Forums