Question

SCSM 2012 thoughts?

By renee.gaylor ·
Is anyone implementing SCSM 2012 as their primary help desk ITSM application? What are your thoughts on this application? There is very little information available online about it (most is 2010)

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Symantec ServiceDesk is a better choice

by robo_dev In reply to SCSM 2012 thoughts?

itsminfo DOT com/not-a-review-scsm-2010/ (change DOT to . )

"At heart I am a hands-on geek. When I learned that Microsoft finally released its Service Center Service Manager 2010, I was excited to try it. I logged into my partner account and signed up for the 90-day trial.

Then reality set in. As is so frequent with Microsofts business applications, initial enthusiasm gave way to confusion, then to despair." :)

Collapse -

SCSM 2012

by pieterc123 In reply to SCSM 2012 thoughts?

We've been running itin testing phase for about a month or so now. It is a bit better than 2010. The console is VERY demanding on resources (it can eat 1.5 to 2GB memory very quickly), and, as you know from an "analyst" view, you have to use the console. The back-end is a bit dodgy on distributed server environments. You can distribute the console connection (with a bit of effort), but the DB still does log shipping, so don't try to be too fancy, especially if you are in a larger environment. The user web console is basic, unless you can do some development in silverlight. Overall it's not bad, but don't expect an out-of-the-box, everything works solution. Lots of work to get it to do what most IT service desk solutions does by default. SP1 should have the exchange connector built-in, so that will be a nice addition.

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)