General discussion

Server 2000 and NT4 domain permissions

By David__ ·
On a domain with 2000 server and NT4 server running active directory and NT4 server running exchange 5.5. the 2000 server was NT4 then was upgraded. Everything seemed to work fine for few months, but later on it was noticed that new user accounts that were added after the upgrade, do not have rights to access the NT4 servers. The NT4 BDC shows the newly created accounts, but when trying to access the BDC and exchange server (member server) access is denied, or askes for a user name and password rather. On the same machine an old account works right, but a newly created account does not. Any ideas?
thanks,
David

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by acattr In reply to Server 2000 and NT4 domai ...

try to use srvmgr "Server Manager" and force all BDCs to sync with the PDC. Best thing is to have all DCs as 2000.

an alternative is to create an lmhost file(no extension, ok) and put it in the c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc. This will ensure that the affected NT machines always look at the PDC for authentication.

include this one line in the file.

PDCipnumber PDCservername #PRE #DOM:domainname

reboot.

Collapse -

by David__ In reply to Server 2000 and NT4 domai ...

I actualy found the problem, someone else that has access to server changed it to native mode. I did not check this first thing, because no one else is supposed to change anything except me. HMMMM.

Thanks for the answer anyway,
David

Collapse -

by David__ In reply to Server 2000 and NT4 domai ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)