General discussion

Server 2003 and SQL 2000 Timeout

By mmbarreca ·
I'm dealing with my first server with Server 2003 (our sales person sold it without notifying me since she didn't see any difference between them - d'oh!). I've come across 2 other sites with Server 2003 so I know that the security and privileges are much tighter. The proprietary software we sell uses SQL 2000 (SP3). I installed SQL and the SP, then went into Enterprise Manager to boost the priority and set the timeout to never expire. The system seems to hang when I do this and even gives me a 1056 error but when I review the SQL properties, all of my changes are there. Further complicating this matter is that I have a Toshiba Tablet PC running on a Cisco AP that can connect to the network but times out when trying to connect to SQL. The other hardwired stations are W2K Pro and there is a slight delay in connecting to the network. AD is enabled on the server and authentication is on accounts. There are static IPs on all machines.

Are there additional setups that must be done to ensure a quicker authentication to Server 2003? Is it possible that despite SQL being checked to never timeout (set to 0) that Server 2003 is overriding this? Has anyone else had problems running both of these products?

Thanks!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to IT Employment Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)