Question

SERVER 2003 DIRECTORY SETUP

By davan ·
HI , I HAVE A COMPANY THAT HAS 5 DIVISIONS WITH A CENTRAL ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT . I WANT EACH DEPARTMENT TO HAVE THEIR OWN SPACE ON THE SERVER.DO I PARTION SEPARATE DRIVE OR CAN I JUST CREATE FOLDERS WITH QUOTA ON THEM . I ALSO WANT THEM TO LOGIN WITH MAPPED DRIVES TO HOME FOLDERS AND SHARED FOLDERS . iM NEW TO ALL THIS I HAVE WINDOWS 2003 SERVER WITH ONE DOMAIN AND 50 WORKSTATIONS.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Shares

by jwilliams In reply to SERVER 2003 DIRECTORY SET ...

In this situation shared folders with group permissions is the logical choice. You can then map each group to their folders as (drives). Now how you set up these map drives depends on your infrastructure set up. You can map at least one of these drives for each account though active directory under user, properties then profile tab, then mapping it there. if you need multiple mappings for each user/department you might want to set up a login.bat file of some kind. Or you can just manually go to each computer (assuming you?re not using roaming profiles) and set them up there. You rarely want to try to partition a server that is up and running already. Hope this helps.

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)