General discussion

Server 2003 hangs - Terminal Licensing

By mark_lt ·
I have added a 2003 server into my NT4 doamin, a temp PDC was used to be upgraded to 2003 AD, apart from some small issues, the 1st biggy was that my 2000 terminal server now refused to run the Terminal License server as there was the AD 2003 present. I installed the terminal license server, activated it, and after reboot, the server now takes over 45 mins to log in, and will not now shut down. This has happened two times now with a clean install each time.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by shmaltz In reply to Server 2003 hangs - Termi ...

In my experience the reason for long logons has to do with DNS.
In the networking tab make sure that at least one DNS server is correctly configured, and that this DNS server is a DNS server for you AD Domain.
If Windows doesn't have a network connection for whatever reason (unplugged cable, NIC that is not properley installed, etc.) then windows will take very long to start. Login in safe mode and make sure DNS is configured correctly.
Any Event IDs?
You don't mention which Server takes long to reboot, the TS or the Win2k3 AD DC?

Collapse -

by mark_lt In reply to

Well, it was DNS, in a manner, we had installed the MS PRoxy Client on the server, and this made the AD search via our external DNS rather than its on as config in network settings.

Collapse -

by mark_lt In reply to Server 2003 hangs - Termi ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)