General discussion

Server 2003 Recommended Partition Size

By d_online ·
Can anybody tell me what the recommended partition size is for a new Server 2003 installation? I'm installing an eval on a cheap PC with 256MB and 40GB HDD. I want to ceate a parition for the install files.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to Server 2003 Recommended P ...

This is NOT the industry recommended size. This is what we do here based upon initial installtion size, plus all the service packs, hotfixes and updates on a stand alone server what we might upgrade to a DC with DNS,DHCP GC.

Bootable partition with system files 15GB

page/Swap file 5 GB

DFS storage 5 GB

Freespace 5 GB

We use partition commander 9.0 for resizing basic drives utilizing free space.

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to

thats how we do it In the documentation that came with your trial software for Windows 2003 Server, there will be recommended hardware requirments listed such as necessary drive space to install the software.

Collapse -

by d_online In reply to

Quick and easy. Helped me avoid having to actually open a manual. Thanks guys.

Collapse -

by d_online In reply to Server 2003 Recommended P ...

This question was closed by the author

Collapse -

create partition

by cutefreeman In reply to Server 2003 Recommended P ...

Hey, you can easily create a new partition to store the data files with the help of partition assistant server edition : http://www.partition-magic.org/windows-server-2003/resize-partition-windows-server-2003.html, after installing this freeware, you can also resize the partition anytime you want, any size you wish, it's a very professional software to manage your hard drive!

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)