General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Server 2003 screw up!!

by kalapper ·

HELP!!! I screwed up big time guys/gals, Someone has been screwing with the server I have been working on, (2003 with active directory domain, 40 systems) I disabled every account in 2k3 while checking for unauthorized access and got locked out. I disabled every account, administrator, everything. I didnt just change the password, I disabled them. Is there any hope? Any ideas about what I can do?
    Serious help needed folks!
    THX.
    Kalapper

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Reply To: Server 2003 screw up!!

by kalapper ·

In reply to Server 2003 screw up!!

I mean user accounts by the way, all default and created user accounts. YES I am an idiot, I didnt think the lockout was set to 5 minutes….

by kalapper ·

I mean user accounts by the way, all default and created user accounts. YES I am an idiot, I didnt think the lockout was set to 5 minutes….

by robshan ·

I haven’t used the product myself but you might consider ‘ERD Commander’ which will enable you to make bootable CDs which includes a product called Locksmith, this will enable to reset the Aministrator account.

It costs money, but judging by your question it may well be worth it.

You can get details at:

http://www.winternals.com/Products/ErdCommander/

by jorge_gamalier ·

you need to use ERD system commander and boot up your server with that, inside is a tool called locksmith, with that you can regain control of your admin account.

by sgt_shultz ·

way to go, idaho. just kidding. at least you didn’t delete the accounts. you can recover don’t worry. even if you deleted them i think.
      it will be ok and you will know a whole more more pretty soon.
      just getted logged in there, you will feel better nd be able to fix…in the ‘old days’ i would have recommend a ‘rescue’ or ‘parallel’ install of win2k3 but i bet you don’t need it. i found this:
      you are allowed to login locally in Safe mode on win2k3 with administrator account even if you disabled it. then you can start fixing things up.
      see this for more:
      How to access the computer after you disable the administrator account
      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814777/en-us

final 2 cetns is: this perfect to get to know MS aupport. you might even get free support but even if not it’ll be worth the money. keep the humble attitude and go slow and take the time to get what they are telling you…

Good luck, keep us posted. you will live thru it…

by sgt_shultz ·

In reply to Reply To: Server 2003 screw up!!

searching support.microsoft.com for ‘deleted account’ gave lots of promising-looking articles.
        here is link to one that talks about using command line to enable user accounts. (presumably you can get logged into the Recovery Console by booting from the win2k3 installation cd?)
        btw, did you also remove the everyone/disable the ‘everyone’ group. you may also have file permissions to fix…
        How To Use the Directory Service Command-Line Tools to Manage Active Directory Objects in Windows Server 2003
        http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322684/en-us

by kalapper ·

In reply to Reply To: Server 2003 screw up!!

Poster rated this answer.

by kalapper ·

You guys are gentleman among peasants!!! Thank you sooooo much for saving my bacon. The article from Microsoft did the trick (logging on in safe mode with network support) The part I coulndt get around before was that because the server is also the domain controller, there was no, users or groups in computer management and it caught me up with that. Anyway, I LOVE YOU GUYS!
      Kalapper

by kalapper ·

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 6 reply threads