Question

Server 2003 stop code during install

By raiderh808 ·
hey... I am about to take a server os class that uses Windows Server 2003. I have a great deal of experience though. Anyways... I have an older Celeron 990mhz with 512 sdram that I recently got a case for and I wanna put Server 2003 on it. Now I just built it with a 40 gig and a 20 gig hd, both detected, and I checked for build problems... and the machine is sound. Now when I went to put Server 2003 on my machine, I got to the "Press enter to install" part, began installation, and after a little while I came to a blue screen with stop: 0x0000008E(0xC0000006, 0x8111701E, 0x00000000). Anyone here an expert with stop codes? Any help would be much appreciated

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Have same problem

by fconte In reply to Server 2003 stop code dur ...

I'm trying to install Windows Server 2003 R2 on a machine that has a pre-intalled version of XP. I seem to get the same errors that you received on the blue screen. It asks for a CHKDSK but the disk diagnostics reports everything is OK. Neither Dell nor MS is of any help (Dell wants to sell Servers with WS2003 R2 not desktops with same)

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)