Question

Server 2003 to Server 2007 remote backups to each other.

By mail ·
Is it posiable to have a Server 2003 at location A, and then a Server 2007 at location B, then have A back up to B in it's own file on M,W,F. Then on T,T,S have server B back up to Server A in it's own file. Thus creating offsite data storage for both Servers?

Or am I just crazy?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

I don't see why not..

by NormH3 In reply to Server 2003 to Server 200 ...

but if the servers are distant and you are trying to do this over a VPN or some other secure method, it may take a while.

I currently have a client that has two buildings on the same grounds. The bulk of the servers are in one building, and the backup server is in another. They are networked via a fiber connection. This gives me a bit of insurance against catastrophic failure. (ie fire, tornado...etc)

You haven't mentioned what application you are using for backup.

Collapse -

Thanks for the help.

by mail In reply to I don't see why not..

I'm dealing with about a 25 mile distance. Do you know of any good software I can get. Not to worried about price. Thanks again.

Collapse -

Backup Exec

by NormH3 In reply to Thanks for the help.

Assuming you have a VPN connection between sites, Symantec (Veritas) Backup Exec may work. It is pricy, especially if you need to purchase the additional agents for SQL, Exchange...etc. It is very versatile and allows backup to disk, tape, WORM devices and other media.

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)