Question

server 2003 vpn server with two network adapters> can connect can access.

By info ·
Issue with Small Business Server 2003, where vpn server is configured, using two network adapters..> Can connect and authenticate from remote client, but can't access any network resources, or any local workstation on the LAN. Local clients can see and be seen by the server, but remote client cannot. Remote client can however "Remote Desktop" to server, but cannot to local workstations. I am using a Linksys WRT54G as outbound router and DHCP server. The router is configured for Port Fowarding with ports 21/443/444/1723/3389/4125 all fowarded to Local IP 182.158.1.101, The two network cards are configured as follows
{Intranet Connection1}
DHCP Enabled = no
IP = 182.158.1.100
Subnet = 255.255.255.0
Gateway = 0.0.0.0
DNS1 = 182.158.1.100 Local
DNS2 = 209.137.160.3 ISP

{VPN Connection2}
DHCP Enabled = no
IP = 182.158.1.101
Subnet = 255.255.255.0
Gateway = 182.158.1.100
DNS1 = 182.158.1.100 Local
DNS2 = 209.137.160.3 ISP

Netbios over TCP-IP is enabled on both cards, but I noticed that when a remote connection is made, Netbios over TCP-IP is disabled on that connection. I went back through Routing and Remote Access, but I did not find a way to force Netbios over TCP-IP compliance on remote connection config. I believe that might be what's stopping the remote connection from accessing LAN resources and local workstation. Can I get a little whoooop !!!!!. Any help with this will be highly appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Me too.....

by ryan In reply to server 2003 vpn server wi ...

On my own network no less. I have a client that runs SBS2003 also, one nic, no isa. But on mine with that same configuration it does not work. I can't access anything in my network other that the server. when connected outside via VPN.

Collapse -

run the Connect to the Internet Wizard

by CG IT In reply to server 2003 vpn server wi ...

choose VPN from the list of public services to be available. CIECW will then configure RRAS.

Using SBS, you must use the CIECW wizard to make any network changes. CIECW will make all the changes necessary so you don't have to manually configure SBS. If anything, manually configuring SBS will result in other services not to work properly.

Collapse -

hostname or ip

by BizIntelligence In reply to server 2003 vpn server wi ...

are you trying to access share by sharename or ip?

Netbios over TCP/IP is used for name resolution and it not needed if you have proper DNS configured. Whereas File and Print Sharing is used for sharing resources so please check both on remote clients.

Cheers !

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)