General discussion

Server 2008 R2 Password Change Policy stopped working

By Wolflingg ·
I just wanted to throw this out there as I figured it out this morning. Back in October, I'm not sure what happened, but the password change policy on our network stopped working. I've been doing searches on how to fix this, but couldn't really find anything.

What I did to fix it--I went into the domain policy (Group Policy Management on the server) and changed the password Maximum age to zero and the days to warn before changing the password to 1 and did a gpudate /force. It required me to log out of the server, so I did.

I then went back in and changed the maximum password age back to our regular 30 days and the warn before changing password back to 14 days. I did another gpudate /force and logged off again.

That seems to fix it. I tried many other things before this that didn't work, so I thought if anyone else out there was having this problem it might help.

One other thing--many of our users also get their e-mail, calendar, and contacts on their smart phones. I sent them a reminder to change their passwords on those devices so they could get back into remembering to do that every 30 days.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Networks Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)