General discussion

set default page size on 2000 server

By Jason Burns ·
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me please how to set the default page size for new printers on a server to A4.

I understood it was based on the locale, and from the regional settings on the server it is in Ireland so the page size should be A4. However all new printers automatically get Letter as the size for the printer. Not a major problem unless the Server is a Terminal server - which it is!

This means that every time a session is opened, the server creates a new printer for the printers on the local PC and the page size is set wrong which corrupts reports etc.

Help please?

Thanks,

Jason.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by voldar In reply to set default page size on ...

As far as I know - you can't do that by "one click buton" and hop, all the printers will have A4 setup as default page. You should better setup every printer (within its own settings) to use A4 format page as default, and then, I think your problem will be solved. Try it, and give me an aswer, if you can, of course.

Collapse -

by Jason Burns In reply to

Hi There,

Just got it myself.

When windows gets installed it's default locale usually gets set to English(US) hence the letter size paper by default. On a few PCs I had noticed that it wasn't. Having set up most of these pcs it was always a bit of a mystery especially as the input locale was always set to English(Ireland).

However - On the same screen where you set the input local is a button marked "Set Default" which I always presumed applied to the setting above. No! Click on that button and you are allowed to set the Default Input Locale for all users - Bingo! Now all users that log on get there printers automatically set to A4.

Yipee!

Collapse -

by Jason Burns In reply to set default page size on ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)