General discussion

Setting the Outlook 2000 "TO" button

By nancyv ·
Using OL2000, I have designed a form. Rather than having the entire global address book to choose from, I would like to reprogram the "To" button so that it brings up only the pager addresses. I only want this to happen if this particular form is utilized, otherwise having the "To" button assigned to the global address book is fine.
So far I have not figured out how to reset the "To" button to only bring up the pager addresses. Any ideas? Thank you!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by gmscne In reply to Setting the Outlook 2000 ...

Have you tried right-clicking on the box which will contain the recipient and selecting it's properties?

Collapse -

by nancyv In reply to Setting the Outlook 2000 ...

I tried going to the properties. I wasn't sure what to change. I tried changing several things here. Nothing worked that I tried in regards to properties. I'm still open to further suggestions as this is still a puzzle. Thank you

Collapse -

Nancy,

I went back to my Outlook program to dig into this further for you. Mine is not OL2000 but the process I followed may be very similar to yours or at least give you the direction to the solution. I entered a recipient's name as a Value to afield property box. Here's how to do it. Get to the form in design mode, you will see Message, P.2, P.3 ...Properties, Actions tabs. Click on To box, not the To button, but the field which will contain the destination recipient. This box should now have a highlight around it with little squares allowing you to resize the box. If not then click on another tab (properties, actions) and come back to the Message tab and try again. Now that it's highlighted, Right-click on it and select properties or go to the top menu (file edit etc) and select Form, then Properties. A box will open with Display, Value and Validation. Under Display, the Name will say To. The next tab, Value, should allow you to select a recipient name for this box. Hope it works the same for you.

Gary

Collapse -

On another note, maybe you can make a list box by putting in all the pager addresses separated by commas. Then the choices will present themselves as a drop-down list to select from.

Collapse -

Forgot to mention you must designate this box as a list box for this to work, otherwise all the addresses will be displayed on the line for the recipient.

Collapse -

Instead of having the To button select from the Global Address List, to could have it point to Pagers instead.

Collapse -

You may be able to get to this by the VALUE associated with the TO button itself.

Collapse -

I'm rejecting the answer since I didn't achieve the objective of programming the To button to allow selection from a drop down list of the pager contacts.

Collapse -

It's almost working, so I'm not going to reject points for the last suggestion at this point. I will hold off rating for now. I can assign a recepient to the To button; however, I want the end-users to be able to make a selection from a drop down list when they click the To button. The drop down list should consist of the pager distribution list rather than the entire global address book. Any more suggestions? We're almost there! Thank you!

Back to Software Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)