Question

setup gateway for xbox 360

By christophvalley ·
hi,im having so trouble running my sons 360 through my pc.I bought a linksys workgroup switch,set it up but when we try to logon xbox live a window comes up sayingdiffrent ip add i typed in add in the 360 window no luck,a friend of mine said i need a gateway.If i plug the game right in to the home router works fine but can not use pc.I went to xbox site but i found it hard to understand,i have windows-2000 if someone can explain step by step how to set this upit would be great and huge load of me and my son 15 tear olds dont understand dad dose not it all and i really do not want him screwing around with my pc..help wanted,thankyou C Valley

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

you need a cable/dsl router

by jdclyde In reply to setup gateway for xbox 36 ...

go to any office supply store, computer store, or your favorite online supplier. I like tigerdirect.com for things like that.

THAT plugs into into the cable "modem", and your pc and xbox plug into that.

a router will run you anywhere from 30 to 80 for a low end system. linksys and netgear are both decent names for your home network, but you can get away with less. I have personally found dlinks burn up after a year or two, and will not be purchasing any more of their router products.

Back to Windows Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)