Question

Shares on Server 2003

By mullers ·
I need some help on this, I played around with settings and googled till i was blue, but still no luck.

I have a Server running Server 2003 Std edition with 3 HDD. 2 of them are SCSI drives and have been spanned to be one. Now i have created shares on the server with usernames and rights and all those things. Problem is, I can access these shares from the XP workstations only when the user logged on is a Administrator, local users keeps on getting a error.

I have gone as far as to change the Sharing Permissions and the Security to "Everyone" "Full Control" and later even added "Anon Login" "Full Control" but still nothing.

Even if the Admin logs on to the shares, it keeps giving that give your username and password dialog, how can i disable that ?

On our other server (Server 2003 Enterprise) it allows everyone to connect without any problems, rights and permissions are no problem.

Am i doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Got It

by mullers In reply to Shares on Server 2003

Ok, i managed to get it to work, so thanks to everyone that was goin to try and assist me =)

The problem was that Server 2003 was not set up to use blank passwords, changed that, and it all works fine now.

Back to Networks Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)