General discussion

Locked

Size problem with information store after running eseutil /d

By JRentschler ·
Recently I ran into the 16GB cap on our Exchange 2000 server. I got it back online by using the registry hack to squeeze out the extra 1GB and then cleaned up over 1GB of old mailboxes. I then ran eseutil /d (had to do it on another server due to lack of space on my SBS box). Then I ran the online defrag. The total size of my priv1.edb and priv1.stm files is about 14.7GB now. However, after the online defrag ran, Event 1221 says that I only have about 232MB free and if I total up my mailboxes, they come to 15.7GB! So, how do I know how much space I really have, and how do I get the two figures to reconcile? I'm in the process of moving to Exchange 2007, but that's still a month or so out, so I have to keep this afloat for a while longer, but I need to know where I really stand.
Thanks!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

1221 relative to size of edb

by JRentschler In reply to Size problem with informa ...

Event 1221 tells you how much free space you have within the database, relative to the dataase size. In other words, if the physical size of the info store files is 15.0GB, and event 1221 tells you that you have 100MB free, that means that you have used 14.9GB of database. Or, you could like at is as meaning that you have 1.1GB of space left before the 16GB cap. 1GB of it for the file size of 15GB and 100MB for the freespace within that 15GB file, as reported by event 1221.

Back to Networks Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Discussions

Related Forums