General discussion

slow xp logon to server2000 w/domain

By PSTracer ·
The network is one win2000server 12 98machines and 3 xp machines. The XP machines take forever to logon to the server and during the day only a min or two they lose the logon. When attempting to do anything that requires the server access shared drive or database software the 98 machines are perfectly fast almost instant. While the xp machines act like they are going through authentication again. I looked at event viewer and here is what I see xp machine (SPNEGO) "The security system could not establish a secured connection with the server cifs/server. "source LsaSrv" and 1 more that is in Application that says source "autoenrollment" automatic certificate enrollment for local system failed to contact the active directory.The specified domain or could not be contacted. **** So I go to the server and here it is***** SOURCE NtFrs The file Replication Services has detected that the replica Set "Domain System Volume (sysvol share)" is in JRNL_WRAP_ERROR. ******* I realize something with the domain is not working My first steps when they started acting slow was to do a chkdsk on server now I want to be efficient and go straight to the fix help thanks jeff.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to slow xp logon to server20 ...

When you get this error you have to do the non authoritative restore of FRS.
Note that this is not the same as performing a non-authoritative restore of Active Directory, you just have to set the burflags registry key to D2. I think (maybe someone could confirm) that doing a D2 after a Journal Wrap is
mandatory and it cannot be resolved without one. No matter how big you make the journal size it wont undo the wrap, FRS still knows that it has
overwritten some data before it was replicated.

Journal wrap is sometimes accompanied by morphed folders in Sysvol. These folders will have _ntfrs in the foldername. You should check for these as well.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=292438
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=328492

Back to Windows Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)