General discussion

Small Business Server 2000 login problem

By jasonbell08 ·
I have a server running Small Business server 2000. I have a workstation running windows 2000. When trying to join the domain, it says network path not found, but if I go to start...run and type \\name of the server, it brings up the server. I have changed the network card. I have run a new cable and nothing seems to be working. Please help

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to Small Business Server 200 ...

are you using the client setup disks created at the server using the management console?

Collapse -

by jasonbell08 In reply to Small Business Server 200 ...

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to Small Business Server 200 ...

if there is a firewall running on the workstation, [????] it will prevent the workstation from joining the domain [blocked ports]. Are you trying to join the domain from Control Panel, System, Network Identification,Join Domain????? if the workstation was initially setup for a workgroup and now you want to join a domain, use the join domain option on the network identification properties in the system control panel. Make sure when you join the domain, you use the administrator account [or poweruser account].

Collapse -

Collapse -

by gregross In reply to Small Business Server 200 ...

I would say check your TCP/IP settings and make sure your dns is pointing at the DC.
Are you running Active Directory? If so the dns settings need to be set correctly.

Collapse -

Back to Networks Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)