General discussion

SMS 2003 on Win XP SP2

By thusoma ·
With the WinXP SP2 "deadline" approaching i tried to run SMS 2003 administrative console on an WinXP SP2 machine and it seems that i have a big problem the administrative console cannot open and i tried to open some ports after getting information from Microsoft site but i had the same problem. Ms sayh that unsecapp.exe program has to be running on the machine but i couldn't figure out how to activate unsecapp.exe program can somebody assist very urgently!!!!!???

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

give this a shot

by advancedgeek In reply to SMS 2003 on Win XP SP2

1. From the Start menu, click Run and type Dcomcnfg.exe.
2. In Component Services, click Console root, click Component Services, click Computers, and then click My Computer. On the Action menu, click Properties.
3. In the My Computer Properties dialog box, on the COM Security tab, in the Access Permissions section, click Edit Limits.
4. In the Access Permissions dialog box, grant Anonymous Logon allow Remote Access.
5. Restart the computer.

Collapse -

Wrong forum.

by deepsand In reply to SMS 2003 on Win XP SP2

This is a tech. problem, in search of a solution.

It properly belongs in "Technical Q&A," not in "Discussions." Please re-post there.

Not only will you be more likely to attract the attention of those seeking to provide answers, but you will also make it easier for those seeking discussions to find such.

Thank you.

Back to IT Employment Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)