General discussion

Snap4100 Server and Win2003 Authentication

By lee ·
I have had a Snap4100 Server in my Win 2003 AD Domain environment for some time now and I have been dealing with the the following issue:

A user logs in and connects to a share on the Snap using the Snap's domain authentication feature. However, if that user logs off; all subsequent users that log onto this very same client cannot connect to any share on the Snap. The Snap debug log show that the first user is still authenticated while the new user is logging in

Here is what the log shows:

--------------------------
06/18/2005 14:01:01 68 D SMB | SMB : Attempt by OPERATIONSPC(IP) to login as jsmith while already logged in as swhite
06/18/2005 14:01:01 68 D SMB | SMB : Attempt by OPERATIONSPC(IP) to login as jsmith while already logged in as swhite

---------------------------

Well the outcome is that jsmith is unable to connect to any shares, but get a challenge login box instead. If he enters his credentials it denies him, but if I enter the Administrator credentials; it works.

Why does the Snap still think swhite is connected/logged in?

I have a case open with Adaptec, but they seem stumped as of yet...

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by lee In reply to Snap4100 Server and Win20 ...

Also, even if I have the client restart his workstation, the Snap still shows these warning in the logs that the previous user is still authenticated...

Collapse -

by ctcgITSupport In reply to Snap4100 Server and Win20 ...

While your issue seems to be slightly different tat the problem I'm having. It does seem to point to the same thing. Adaptec doesn't support SMB Link below
Link to Adaptec site
http://ask.adaptec.com/cgi-bin/adaptec_tic.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=12785&p_created=1105976085&p_sid=jvPcHX4i&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTcmcF9wcm9kcz00NzgsNDgzJnBfY2F0cz0wJnBfcHY9Mi40ODMmcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PWFjdGl2ZSBkaXJlY3Rvcnk*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Back to Desktop Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)