General discussion

SolidWorks 2008 x64 w/ SP3.1 crashes when printing

By cbalderrama ·
One of our drafters/engineers is having an issue when trying to print from an XP x64 box using SolidWorks 2008 x64 with SP3.1. When he tries sending an print job solidworks hangs for a few seconds then just closes. He is able to print other tasks(word/Outlok...etc) but not through SolidWorks.

Has anyone encountered this issue?
If so, what was your solution?

Let me know

Cristian

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Same issue here

by Jbencsik In reply to SolidWorks 2008 x64 w/ SP ...

One of our engineers is having the same issue.

XP 64 box with 14 gig of memory. Solidworks 2008 x64 with sp4(they obviously didn't fix the issue with the latest sp). It crashes when trying to print to an HP 5200 but only when trying to print from Solidworks. We've set up two different print queues, one with the PCL 6 driver and one with the PS driver and both crash the software. The user printed to a plotter a few times from SW and that didn't seem to crash the program so maybe it's only occurring with HP printers. Solidworks support hasn't been very helpful.

I'm going to try setting up a couple more different queues with whatever other drivers I can find and see if this solves the issue but I'm not all that hopeful.

Collapse -

same issue here also

by datwills In reply to Same issue here

Currently my user is printing to a print server, which I thought was the issue, but when I set him up to print directly to the HP 5200 printer through the IP address solid works 2008 sp3 just shuts down. It did not matter if it was a PS, PCL 5 or PCL 6 print driver. I have not tried to print to a different brand of printer other than HP.

I will try sometime this month to setup the user on a xerox printer.

Collapse -

Me too

by swells In reply to same issue here also

I also have a Solidworks 2008 sp4 user who cannot get specific drawings to print to a Kyocera copier/printer. I have tried changing just about everything I can in Solidworks but it refuses to send to that printer. It shows up in the queue for about 3 seconds then disappears. I can however print to a PDF distiller and everything works fine. Still searching for answers. I will let you know if I find anything.

Collapse -

Same Issue

by jim.williamson@Halliburtn In reply to Same issue here

Two users with same the X64 setup are crashing with Solidworks when printing to HP.