Question

Sony DVD/CD-RW CRX830E Drive Not Working

By L_M_Gregory ·
I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. Recently the Sony DVD/CD-RW CRX830E Drive stopped working. I get an error that says, "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)". I haven't been able to find a driver on the Dell or Sony site that helps. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the drive and the secondary IDE - still no luck.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

repair

by jamesatmaisonverre In reply to Sony DVD/CD-RW CRX830E Dr ...

Try running sfc/ scannow with your windows cd.If this does not work,then the rom is damaged.This is caused by the hardware id on the rom being corrupted by a hardware failure

Collapse -

Thanks - can you help me do that?

by L_M_Gregory In reply to repair

Got your reply with the instruction to run sfc/scannow from my windows cd. I'm running XP Prof - what's the procedure?

Thanks for your help - I do hope it's not a H/W failure ...

Collapse -

by jamesatmaisonverre In reply to Thanks - can you help me ...

Start/run and type in the above,wait for the procedure to run and your done

Collapse -

Code 39 fault with VAIO with Pioneer DVD RW

by scouse69 In reply to Sony DVD/CD-RW CRX830E Dr ...

Hi. I have the same fault as you describe. Have you resolved the fault? & if so could you tell me how you resolved the issue. I have a sony VAIO with Pioneer DVD RW witch has lost its CD Rom driver. It is not a fault with the driver as I have connected a portable CD/DVD player via USB & has the same fault. I cannot use the back up discs because the CD does not work & have even tried loading through a memory card via USB. Have tried install/reinstall/updates/locating any upper & lower filters to no avail, keeps coming up with code 39 error (drivers missing or corrupt). Many thanks Carl.

Collapse -

CRX830E not working

by bagsx5 In reply to Sony DVD/CD-RW CRX830E Dr ...

I know my CDROM worked, I could boot to it. But when looking, the driver status said it was corrupt or missing. After several attempts, I contacted Dell with my issue. They had me perform the following steps which fixed my issue.

I need you to perform the following troubleshooting steps:

Remove the Upper Filters and Lower Filters values with Registry Editor. Please refer to the following steps:

1. Click the Start button, click Run.
2. In the Open box, type Regedit, and then click OK.
3. Click the plus sign (+) next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

4. Click the plus sign (+) next to SYSTEM.
5. Click the plus sign (+) next to CurrentControlSet.
6. Click the plus sign (+) next to Control.
7. Click the plus sign (+) next to Class.

8. Click {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
9. On the right hand side of the window, click Upper Filters.
10. Click Edit on the menu bar.
11. Click Delete, and then click OK.
12. On the right-hand side of the window, click Lower Filters.

13 Click Edit on the menu bar.
14. Click Delete, and then click OK.
15. Click File, and then click Exit.
16. Restart the computer normally.

Collapse -

Works on HP too!!

by qumis In reply to CRX830E not working

I have an HP Pavilion ZE series laptop that uses the same drive. Recently my device manager was saying the information in the registry was corrupt and the CD was not installed. I deleted the same upper and lower filters in the registry and VIOLA!! I have a CD again. Thanks Dell for fixing my HP. :)

Back to Hardware Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)