General discussion

Sony DVD RW DW-U180A will not verify

By peter_michael_bennett ·
I can watch DVD's on my Sony DVD RW, I can burn CD's with no problem but when i try to burn to DVD I get an error message of 16:57:19 #28 Phase 38 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1832
Burn process failed at 1x (1,385 KB/s).

Has anyone else had this problem and if so what was the fix.
The Sony website do not seem to have the relevant drivers.

thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by jc2it In reply to Sony DVD RW DW-U180A will ...

Try a different burning software package.

Test the DVD RW drive with this software:
http://sony.storagesupport.com/cdrw/diagnostics.htm

Collapse -

by peter_michael_bennett In reply to

Tried with windows XP Prof own "copy" to DVD drive, Nero create data DVD and Backup My PC.

Have done that, got an error with the last check on "performing the read test" - this seems in contradiction to what I have been able to do.... read DVDs but not write DVDs.

Collapse -

by rickrbyrne In reply to Sony DVD RW DW-U180A will ...

Hi,

Have you tried it on more than one type of media, is your firmware on your drive up to date, and also have your tried to burn many different jobs with this burner and recieve the error or is it just the one job, and what burning software are you using.

Collapse -

by rickrbyrne In reply to

Also one more thing, if you are using nero make sure that your are not burning in simulation mode, which is just a check box before you burn, with nero burning ROM

Collapse -

by peter_michael_bennett In reply to

Tried it on DVD+RW and DVD-RW. There doesn't seem to be a firmware update for the drive. See Answer 1 for type of burning software and have tried for diff jobs.

Collapse -

by B_Pope In reply to Sony DVD RW DW-U180A will ...

If your trying to burn movies & there copyprotected this will cause an error within the 1st 2MB of the burn process like your error info shows.

Nero won't burn copyprotected CD's or DVD's, you'll need software like 1ClickDVD.

Collapse -

by 3xp3rt In reply to Sony DVD RW DW-U180A will ...

If you want to write a copyright protected multimedia file, can happened this. The solution is to download a clone DVD software from internet.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums