Question

Sony Vaio VGN X505VP

By ammars27 ·
I have a laptop thats been locked out with windows password and administrator password by ex employee can anyone help to reboot? this laptop has no internal cd rom to boot from , we have tried to boot from external usb cd and fire wire but not working? any tips anyone please!!!help!!will it boot from the PCMCIA cd rom?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Was it part of a domain?

by IC-IT In reply to Sony Vaio VGN X505VP

If so you may be able to connect and then access with a Domain Admin account.
Other than that you could slave the drive, take ownership, recover critical data, and then re-image.

Collapse -

As they say in Scotland ...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to Sony Vaio VGN X505VP

The game's a'bogey!

Nae luck eh?

Collapse -

Check out True Blue's post of 13 May'08

by nepenthe0 In reply to Sony Vaio VGN X505VP

http://tinyurl.com/6hw2fg

To me, his post was so brilliant that I cannot add anything useful.

Rick/Portland, OR

Collapse -

It will probably boot from the PCMCIA CD-ROM

by nepenthe0 In reply to Sony Vaio VGN X505VP

My old 2000 vintage Sony notebook came with a PCMCIA CD-ROM, and that was the only way I could reinstall the OS.

Eventually the card slot wiggled loose from the motherboard. My workaround was a large rubber band that maintained an angular force on the PC card. Not exactly high tech, but it worked.

Yes, by all means use the PCMCIA CD-ROM if you have one. The BIOS looks first to the PCMCIA slot for a boot command. I suspect you could configure a workaround using a PC card with a firewire adapter, and booting from a firewire CD-ROM:

http://tinyurl.com/6ma5yo

This is a Firewire/PCMCIA adapter at NewEgg.com, Mod #DLX-181, Item #NB2E16815203002, $55

I have tried booting directly from a firewire CD-ROM using the notebook firewire port, but as you have already learned, this doesn't work.

Rick/Portland, OR

Back to Storage Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)