Question

sound driver problem with HP pavilion dv9005us

By roomtobreathe07 ·
Hey yall,

I have a very annoying problem with a new notebook my dad acquired. It is as stated an HP pavilion dv9005us and hmm..the Quickplay nor sound will work. We have tried reinstalling and updating the drivers, disabling and enabling the dvd/cd-rom driver as HP instructed us to do and NOTHING!!
So I am relying on you smart and ingenious people who are better than HP in technical support to help me figure this out. It would be a complete shame to let this notebook go to waste because it has no sound.

Thanks!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

re NEW notebook acquired

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to sound driver problem with ...

If it's new and it doesn't work, send it back and get a replacement. It doesn't take a genious to figure that out.

Collapse -

reply to Thumbsup2

by roomtobreathe07 In reply to re NEW notebook acquired

yeah that's SOooo helpful. I know that!
But if I send it back to acquire a new one you have to pay half of the value of the new laptop. Soooo...trying to avoid those fees.
I have no use for wisecrack comments.

Collapse -

Thumbs might not have known that

by Tig2 In reply to reply to Thumbsup2

And made a reasonable suggestion.

I hate HP. I have a laptop in the dv9000 series that started breaking down by degrees when it was 10 months old. When I contacted HP for warranty support, they told me that I was out of warranty. I may or may not take the box to MicroCenter to be repaired. I bought a Mac so I have a stable and functioning computer.

Anyway- exhaust all of your support options with HP. Really push it. Don't know from what you have posted so far if there is a failure on the hardware or if this is a software issue. Check the Device Manager and see if it says that the sound card is working properly. Use the HP online troubleshooting guide as it really is quite good.

The biggest handicap I have from here is that you are likely running Vista. There have been driver issues with Vista so that may be the foundation of the problem. Check HP to see if new drivers have been made available. Unfortunately, I know very little about Vista.

At the worst, bite the bullet and take it to a tech. Look for a small independent shop. Avoid Geek Squad as a lot of their computer guys are not warranty certified techs. But start with HP.

HP bites at customer service. But their online diagnostic guides are quite good. Give it a shot.

Good luck!

Collapse -

Tiggertwo

by roomtobreathe07 In reply to Thumbs might not have kno ...

Wow Tiggertwo thanks for all your suggestions.
Yeah to hear that your computer started breaking down after 10 months concerns me.

I am not running Vista, thank GOD! I hate that OS, it just hogs every resource on hp's and make them unusually slow. I happen to work at the computer helpdesk at my school and the Vista ones can be a nightmare to configure.

The previous user of this laptop downgraded to XP professional. We have tried everything we know from checking if the audio wires are connected to reinstalling the drivers.

I will probably take your advice and go to a small shop. I was about to make the mistake of going to Geeksquad. THANK YOU!

Have a great day

Collapse -

Try this

by IC-IT In reply to Tiggertwo

Download and install the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio first.
Then install the regular audio drivers.

Collapse -

a question...

by batznight In reply to Try this

I have the dv9005us and i have the same problem but!!! when i install the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio driver it dissapears... never installs it... what can it be?

Collapse -

an answer?

by roomtobreathe07 In reply to a question...

Hey batznight

HP answered my question and told me also to download the bus driver but it didn't work either. The rep told me I probably have a hardware problem and should defer to one of the local certified hp technicians to get it fixed. It might be a problem within the motherboard and the soundcard.

That's my best advice to you after trying different things.

hope this helps!

Back to Hardware Forum
8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)