General discussion

Spell Check in Outlook 2003

By SuperNay ·
Hi,

I am having trouble with the spell check funtion when using Outlook 2003. It's working in that it picks up spelling errors or words not in the default dictionary however it's not working exactly how I'd like.

Basically, this is what I'm after;
I want to have it check spelling when I send a message and I want it to only check my message (i.e. ignore previous messages)

What's happening is that it is checking through the whole document, replies and everything, and doesn't seem to be starting from the beginning of my message because it seems to check my message last.

I have the following settings selected;

* Always suggest replacements...
* Always check spelling before sending
* Ignore original message text...
* Use AutoCorrect when Word isn't...

Under email options, I also have selected;

* Include original message text when replying to a message
* Include original message text when forwarding a message

Does anyone have any ideas on what settings I need to change to ensure that only my message is the one checked for spelling?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Renee

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Sorry!

by SuperNay In reply to Spell Check in Outlook 20 ...

Just realised this should've been in the question section and not discussion - my apologies.

Collapse -

Oh, no; you be in the right place

by santeewelding In reply to Sorry!

I fight with spellcheck all the time. It's right maybe half the time. The place to check is you. Specially when you want to cuss.

Collapse -

You need to check the Settings in Outlook

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Spell Check in Outlook 20 ...

You need to tell Outlook to only check new messages that you send for spelling mistakes. From your description you are more or less in the right place but you need to dig a bit deeper here for the correct settings.

Col

Collapse -

Check the message format

by CharlieSpencer In reply to Spell Check in Outlook 20 ...

I believe if the message is in Plain Text format, the spell check looks at the entire message. I think it checks only your portion if the message is in Rich Text or HTML format. Obviously you can't do anything about the incoming format, but you could try changing your outgoing reply.

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)