Question

SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Problem

By jeevan1210 ·
Dear All,
When i installed SQL Server 2005 Express Edition first time on my pc, i doesn't got any problem, After that i uninstalled and tried to install in my pc, during the installation i found a message.

"None of the selected features can be installed or updated.Setup cannot proceed sinse no effective change is being made to the machine.To continue, click Back and then select features to install.To exit SQL Sever Setup, click Cancel"

I cannot able to install SQL Express on my pc.Can anyone tell me solution to install SQL Express Edition on my pc.

Thanx in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

From the look of that

by Tony Hopkinson In reply to SQL Server 2005 Express E ...

either it did not successfully uninstall or on the intall it doesn't think you have selected anything to install.

Are the services still there ?
Are you leaving the defaults on the install ?

Note you can install sqlserver express more than once.
Each one is called an instance (it doesn't put the entire program on each time).

The default instance for express is MyMachineName/SQLExpress.

I saw one machine where someone was struggling a bit and had eight instances of it.

Collapse -

SQL Express 2005 Installation Problem

by jeevan1210 In reply to From the look of that

Thanx for ur reply... I found one of the SQLExpress insance is running on my pc.. How can remove that instance.. or how can i proceed to install SQL Express 2005 without deleting the instance.. Do u have any idea..
Thanx in advance.

Collapse -

Put this in Google

by Tony Hopkinson In reply to SQL Express 2005 Installa ...

add and remove sql server express instances

Lot's of info

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)