General discussion

SQL SERVER 2005 INSTALLATION

By rushil01 ·
Error pops up while installing SQLSER 2005. This happens while setting up sql server database services. Says refer to online guide for SQLServer 2005 on How to Start Manually. The other services are installed successfully. Trying to Installing ( SQL Server Express Edition / Developer edition ). Any clue to resolve this

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to SQL SERVER 2005 INSTALLAT ...

What is the exact error in the event log?

Collapse -

by rushil01 In reply to SQL SERVER 2005 INSTALLAT ...

More specifics about the error...

2006-02-14 18:03:20.94 Server Error: 17311, Severity: 16, State: 1.
2006-02-14 18:03:20.94 Server SQL Server is terminating because of fatal exception c000001d. This error may be caused by an unhandled Win32 or C++ exception, or by an access violation encountered during exception handling. Check the SQL error log for any related stack dumps or messages. This exception forces SQL Server to shutdown.

Collapse -

by Todder In reply to SQL SERVER 2005 INSTALLAT ...

I'm pretty sure I had a similar error when I tried to install the full-blown 2005 product on my domain controller. I assumed it was a security issue and MS did not want to have it installed on a DC. I installed it just fine on a member server.

Collapse -

by ?/\/\?|???\/??? In reply to SQL SERVER 2005 INSTALLAT ...

The referenced code (0xc000001d) is the code for "STATUS_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION" - or any one of the following meanings:
--Attempting to execute an instruction code not defined by the processor.
--Illegal Instruction
--An attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction.
--The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction.

Is the installation source for SQL Server 2005 Express perhaps corrupted (CD or download)? Or perhaps the disk you're installing to needs a CHKDSK?

Finally... Is the CPU in the machine you're trying to install SQL Server 2005 Express on a Transmeta? See:
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/ProductFeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=cee0915a-6039-4ca6-aa0c-1b76285d4ac3

Back to Desktop Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)