Question

Sql slow on workstation after upgrade from 2000 to 2005

By gary@signatureservices. ·
I upgraded my server from SBS2000 to SBS2003 and along with it sql 2000 to sql 2005 workstation edition. All was well on my workstation until I uninstalled the 2000 client tools and installed 2005 client tools. Sql slowed to a crawl on my workstation. Everyone who did not have sql 2000 client stuff on their computers is running fast. I have changed the protocals to named pipes and it helped a little but still not good. HELP!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Hmm, I belive the workstaion edition has some built in

by Tony Hopkinson In reply to Sql slow on workstation a ...

limits.
But the first thing to look at is, did you remember to set the compatibility mode on your databases to 90?
The upgrade process leaves them at 80, it's one on the tasks into post upgrade process.

Why did you put the 2000 tools on ?

Collapse -

Thanks for the reply

Tony,
I put the 2000 tools on my workstation because I was developing some Delphi apps and I need access to Enterprise Explorer (or what ever it is called). I did not update the databases to 90 but my workstation is the only one that is slow. Everyone else zips along. I think it is something with my connectivity to sql but not sure. In the mean time, I changed the compatibility to 90 but to no avail.
GB

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)