General discussion

SQLServer2000 Question

By TellMeWhy ·
Hi,
I'm installing SQL server 2000 in order to install MS project2000.

I need to know

1- How to create User Accounts in SQL Server?

2- How to Create a Database in SQL Server?

3- How to Integrate SQL server Database to MS Project2002 Database?

Thanx in advance.....

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

SQLServer2000 Question

by Joseph Moore In reply to SQLServer2000 Question

1) SQL Server 2K has two modes for user accounts, either Standard Authentication (which is when SQL Server itself has the user accounts, just like in SQL Server 7.0 and 6.5) and Windows Authentication, where your existing NT/2K user account can haverights on the SQL Server. You need to decide on what kind of account authorization you want to use, then roll accounts accordingly.
2)Easy. Open SQL Enterprise Management MMC snap-in, then expand the SQL Server group, expand your server that shouldbe listed, expand Databases. You will then see all of the databases that come with SQL Server by default (Master, Model, Temp, a couple others).
Now, right-click on the Databases that you expanded a moment ago, and choose New -> Database. Then runthe wizard that starts. That will create a database and transaction log for you.
3) I am not very familiar with Project (I hate timelines and Gantt charts), but I would assume you could do an ODBC connection from the machine with Project installed on it, and point the ODBC connection to your SQL Server. That way, Project would pull the data from the SQL Server whenever it needs it for anything.

Go ahead and send me a private message if you have questions. I use SQL Server often.

hope this helps

Collapse -

SQLServer2000 Question

by TellMeWhy In reply to SQLServer2000 Question

thanx a lot joseph and i will ask some more help on pvt. thanx again.

Collapse -

SQLServer2000 Question

by TellMeWhy In reply to SQLServer2000 Question

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)