General discussion


SSL - Certificate

By sanaullah ·
I want to secure my exchange server instead of http access to enduser with https, which type of SSL certificate will suit my requirement? or what i have to do to make from http to https?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dgolic In reply to SSL - Certificate

One question is if you have a firewall (and which one). You need a web site certificate. You can either get one issued to your web server by a CA (if you have one) or you can buy a commercial website certificate from a commmercial CA (like Verisign, Thawte etc). Once you have a certificate you just have to force users to use https (it is done on IIS). If you have a firewall, some additional config will be neccessary on the firewall. I sugest you search articles on and (if you use ISA Server). It might even be intersting for you to use wildcard certificates (try finding this too).

Collapse -

by sanaullah In reply to SSL - Certificate

Thanks a lot for reply. Yes, i do have firewall. I'm not using ISA Server to share internet. And i can change from IIS. Actually i want to know which type of certificate will suit my requirement. 128bit encryp.,wildcard etc... but i don't have multiple domain. I need on ip address.

Related Discussions

Related Forums