General discussion

STOP c0000135 & Exchange Recovery & SID

By Koan Me ·
Problem: one NT 4 Server as PDC and Exchange Server (no BDC's for this domain). The Hard Drive started to die.

I was able to copy valuable data across the network (including Exchange Databases).

Now the Server will not boot. It gets to the blue screen (kernel initialization) and device driver loading, and then
gives:

"STOP error: c0000135 {Unable to Locate DLL}
The dynamic link library winsrv could not be found in the specified path Default Load Path"

I DID see KB Article I Q173309, but none of the symptoms they describe applies to my situation.

I've tried restoring from backup, repairing with the ERD, and loading the last known good, but I keep getting the same error.

What I NEED to do is get my Exchange data back. Does this requires a PDC with the same SID as before? If I reinstall over the non-functioning restored files, will I get the same SID? Or am I wrong about Exchange requiring the same SID?

Please throw me any ideas you have....

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by curlergirl In reply to STOP c0000135 & Exchange ...

I've never heard anything about Exchange requiring the same SID. What it does require, as I recall, is the same organization, site and server names. TechNet (or the on-line MS Knowledgebase) has articles about disaster recovery for Exchange which explain how to restore to a new server. The one thing you might lose is some recent messages if you weren't able to copy over your log files before the server crashed. If you don't have the log files, then your databases may be in an "unstable" state but are probably recoverable. However, you will lose any messages that were not committed to the database before the crash. Good luck - hope this helps!

Collapse -

by Koan Me In reply to STOP c0000135 & Exchange ...
Collapse -

Collapse -

by simon.wellborne In reply to STOP c0000135 & Exchange ...

Hello.
I think I will run out of room (100 char max) so I'll recommend the MS reading that enabled me to do the same thing. You can email me if you like for more info.

MS TechNet has the Exchange 5.5 Resource Guide which has Chapter 9 - Disaster Recovery. There is a section onr estoring to a new computer which may help you.

When you say "copy the data" I assume then you re-instaleld Exchange and the recovered the old data? If you only copied the exch dirs then you have missed registryand system files which need to be re-installed (sorry if you already knew this).

Have a read through the TechNet articles in the Exchange 5.5 Resource Guide. They will help you 100%. If not - feel free to email me. www.microsoft.com/technet.
Hope this helps.

Collapse -

Collapse -

Collapse -

by calves In reply to STOP c0000135 & Exchange ...

If you have a backup, can't you rebuild the server with a new disk and restore the data, including Exchange data files?
I've emailed you a file, I hope it helps!

Good Luck!

P.S. Get a p.o.s anything and make it you BDC. It can save you from a lot grief @ a moment of dispair (e.g. not having to rebuild your domain, user accounts, batchs, etc...).

Collapse -

Collapse -

Collapse -

Me again.
Step nine above should be "isinteg –patch"
If that doesn't appear correctly here like it didn't above, it is "isinteg <dash>patch"

Back to Windows Forum
11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next